At Westmoreland Dental Group, we strive to offer the highest quality dental care for our patients. To do so, we employ advanced dental technology to make your visit less time-consuming, less invasive, and ultimately less stressful.
Our Advanced Technology includes:
- Laser Cavity Detection: With the use of the Diagnodent, a non-invasive cavity detecting laser, tooth decay can be detected before it becomes visible, allowing treatment to begin immediately.
- Soft Tissue Laser: Another laser used by Dr. Westmoreland is the Odyssey Diode soft tissue laser, which provides a narrow beam of light for procedures, such as the removal and healing of ulcers. The laser is also used for biopsies of suspicious mouth lesions, eliminating the need for scalpels, which cause post-operative discomfort.
- Intraoral Cameras: An Intraoral Camera is a video camera the size of a large pen which is slowly moved around inside your mouth, and projects images onto a computer screen instantaneously. This allows for quicker assessment of your teeth and gums.
- Panoramic X-Rays: When a more complete view of your teeth, jawbone, sinuses, and tissues is needed to better diagnose a condition, our Panoramic X-Ray does the job. And it uses less radiation than traditional x-rays.
- State-of-the-Art Sterilization Station: In plain sight of all our patients, we have a state-of-the-art sterilization station utilizing the latest technology to thoroughly disinfect all our equipment.
- Dental Loupes: For a more efficient view inside a patient’s mouth, Dr. Westmoreland wears lightweight glasses with high-resolution telescopes, called dental loupes.
- Cerec Scanner: Our newest technology, the Cerec Scanner, eliminates the need for the goopy material used to make impressions for new Crowns, Bridges, Night Guards, etc. With a slow scan over your teeth, digital impressions are made, as well as shade detection.
Dr. Westmoreland continues to provide the best for his patients by using the newest technology to provide less-invasive, high-quality care. To find out more and to schedule your appointment, contact us today.